Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I have been diagnosed with pseudo-gout, a form of arthritis as painful as gout.

The joints of my feet are filling with sharp crystals for some unknown reason. About every three or four months, I wake up with the most horrible pain.

Even dropping a tissue on my feet will make me scream. Two years ago I was prescribed three days of a corti-steroid that really works ... for a few months. Then I need another treatment.

I have normal uric acid and B12 levels and am not diabetic.

Bill Quimby

GB1

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
A joint,..a half gallon of quality butter pecan ice cream, and Pink Floyd on the stereo has been my "go to" remedy for foot and leg pain for a while.

Sometimes it helps the pain,...sometimes it doesn't. But either way, it won't make you feel bad about sitting down and taking a break.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just this last year I too have experienced shooting pain in my feet and hands, normally right before falling asleep, but once in a while at other times during the day. But the worst, all of a sudden, just this winter, I can't have my hands out in the cold for very long at all. That's gonna be problematic considering where I live and what I like to do.

gonna see a doc about it, but really appreciate threads like these to look at some alternatives as well.

if nada else, misery loves company and I can see I'm not alone in my suffering. Anyone else have sensitivity to cold in their hands? Used to I could work on stuff bare handed for a bit in winter, now even with gloves on about 20 minutes and I'm in serious trouble.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
Just this last year I too have experienced shooting pain in my feet and hands, normally right before falling asleep, but once in a while at other times during the day. But the worst, all of a sudden, just this winter, I can't have my hands out in the cold for very long at all. That's gonna be problematic considering where I live and what I like to do.

gonna see a doc about it, but really appreciate threads like these to look at some alternatives as well.

if nada else, misery loves company and I can see I'm not alone in my suffering. Anyone else have sensitivity to cold in their hands? Used to I could work on stuff bare handed for a bit in winter, now even with gloves on about 20 minutes and I'm in serious trouble.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/raynauds-disease/symptoms-causes/syc-20363571

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Dutch
Originally Posted by rockdoc
I had peripheral nephropathy, turns out it was B12 deficiency. Still have to make sure I get enough everyday to keep the symptoms under control. If you haven't been checked, wouldn't hurt to rule it out.

Dutch, how do you take B12?

Will try it for my neuropathic pain.

When was first diagnosed,the doc recommended the shots, and they did work, splendidly. However, getting shots every couple of weeks was cumbersome and expensive, so I started experimenting with other B12 sources.

My experience:
the multivitamin B12 complex pills don't work. NOT AT ALL. Just flush them. Rubbish.
Methyl cobalamin sublingual doesn't work
cyanocobalamin works a little, in the right sublingual tablet (GNC is the brand I settled on).

However, the quickest, best, cheapest method is to eat liver. I am rather fond of Braunschweiger anyway, and it works like a charm. I looked for a brand with liver as the first ingredient, and as long as I make my lunch with a nice, fat, Braunschweiger sandwich several times a week, symptoms stay away. I still use the sublingual tables, for example when traveling, but diet can control my symptoms. Annual testing shows normal B12 blood levels.

Originally Posted by rockdoc
I had peripheral nephropathy, turns out it was B12 deficiency. Still have to make sure I get enough everyday to keep the symptoms under control. If you haven't been checked, wouldn't hurt to rule it out.

Dutch, how do you take B12?

Will try it for my neuropathic pain.

When was first diagnosed,the doc recommended the shots, and they did work, splendidly. However, getting shots every couple of weeks was cumbersome and expensive, so I started experimenting with other B12 sources.

My experience:
the multivitamin B12 complex pills don't work. NOT AT ALL. Just flush them. Rubbish.
Methyl cobalamin sublingual doesn't work
cyanocobalamin works a little, in the right sublingual tablet (GNC is the brand I settled on).

However, the quickest, best, cheapest method is to eat liver. I am rather fond of Braunschweiger anyway, and it works like a charm. I looked for a brand with liver as the first ingredient, and as long as I make my lunch with a nice, fat, Braunschweiger sandwich several times a week, symptoms stay away. I still use the sublingual tables, for example when traveling, but diet can control my symptoms. Annual testing shows normal B12 blood levels.

Thanks Dutch. Will try the liver route and tabs for travel.

Also bought some tart cherry juice, at least it might help the arthritis

Cheers, Chris

IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I used to drink Bud Light, sometimes copious amounts of the stuff. Feet seemed to be affected such as burning pains and ankles hurt also. Friend told me to try Natural Light and see what happens. Well, the pains are gone, all of them. Now if somebody else would have told me that, why..............

The things that come to those that wait may be the things left by those who got there first.

Unk
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
OP. Go see a neurologist. I'll bet your problems are more related to your sciatic nerve in your back than your feet.

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
I am certain this bunch is gonna get a good laugh out of this, too old and set in their ways to try it.

Yoga. Most PF comes from tight hamstrings. It pulls on the calf, and then the foot. Stretch your calves and hamstrings 3-5 times a day using various Yoga movements and as your legs release and become more flexible your PF will subside. Laugh it up, Mock it, ignore it.. do as you wish, but one of us no longer has PF and the other does wink

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I had pretty bad PF for a couple of years. My wife bought me a pair of Birkenstock sandals. Pain went away surprisingly quickly.

No joke, something to try.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

569 members (160user, 16gage, 1Longbow, 1234, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 53 invisible), 2,450 guests, and 1,211 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,425
Posts18,470,717
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.