Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by djs
Billy Graham was so busy traveling and saving the world's souls that he neglected his own family, leaving them to alcohol and drug addiction, divorce and, depression.

I'm not at all certain that what you say here is true but, for the sake of discussion, let's assume that some in his family did engage addictions, divorce, depression, etc. Is it your contention that, had he not traveled on his missions and stayed home with the family, those bad outcomes would not have occurred? By the exact token, is it your contention that it is the specific fault of every father when members of his family do such things? Is it the father's fault when the progeny attempts phony arguments for purposes of bashing?

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Starman
Billy Grahams "Decision Card'........A spiritual relationship with God/Jesus/Holy spirit requires a card??? https://billygrahamlibrary.org/decision-card/ ..kooky religious huckster paraphernalia more like it.

What is your mission here other than ridicule of a highly recognized Christian? If you have half a brain and any bit of decency you know better than to pretend and then ask if that spiritual relationship requires a "card". For centuries people have documented important events in their lives in many ways, often with such objects or recognitions. The forming of such a relationship is a key/central/pivotal experience for a Christian and many choose to document that in differing ways. Would it be more significant for your puerile self if one were to get a tattoo signifying the event? Try a bit of growth.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Starman aka rob jordon is a Mormon. No offense to Mormons but some might consider it a kooky religion...

Carry on

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
TRH how do you say Sigg heil in the correct German accent? Also do you display your SS tattoos openly or do you hide them?

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Springcove
Starman aka rob jordon is a Mormon. No offense to Mormons but some might consider it a kooky religion...

Carry on

South Park did a good job explaining the Mormon faith.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The “ decision card” was for the local churches to use to follow up after the Crusade. BGEA would not hold a Crusade until a majority of the local Protestant Churches agreed to partner with them.

The people talking badly about him are not fit to polish his shoes.

And his son, Franklin, may accomplish more than his father.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Carry on

Carry on

He is a worthless son of a bitch , morman or not.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by curdog4570

I read the NIV ...

We may have discovered your problem, then.

You are one more sick puppy dog.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by CCCC

What is your mission here other than ridicule of a highly recognized Christian?

When BG rises from the grave to face judgement, will be the time he discovers if he was a true christian.

being' recognised' by you or millions of other mere ungodworthy mortals don't mean jack.

BG supporting abortion- the murder of unborns may well be enough for God to exclude him.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
Virtue signalling much?

Honest opinion about faithful exegesis and the fruits thereof from a Historically & Confessionally Protestant perspective. See the Heidelberg catechism.

Do you believe that the heart of Christianity is to seek to be like Christ by the power of the Holy spirit? Seems a basic proposition to me or is that “virtue signaling” too?

You’ve allowed your politics to taint your perspectives on everything. You put the carriage before the horse. Get into a congregation of believers where the Word (that is, Christ) is faithfully preached and make yourself accountable to a community. Going solo has gotten you way off the rails.

I knew you’d peek... wink

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

When BG rises from the grave to face judgement, will be the time he discovers if he was a true christian. being' recognised' by you or millions of other mere ungodworthy mortals don't mean jack. BG supporting abortion- the murder of unborns may well be enough for God to exclude him.

This adds nothing to what we already know - even the part that is false. Worthless. So, what is your mission?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

When BG rises from the grave to face judgement, will be the time he discovers if he was a true christian. being' recognised' by you or millions of other mere ungodworthy mortals don't mean jack. BG supporting abortion- the murder of unborns may well be enough for God to exclude him.

This adds nothing to what we already know - even the part that is false. Worthless. So, what is your mission?

He is waiting for Moroni to tell him his mission.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Many would do well to recall the verses in Psalms and Revelations that proclaim "Salvation belongs to our God" and take more stock in your own and none in a man who gave his life to the spreading of His Gospel, lest you be judged by that by which you judge and show yourselves plainly as wretched fools.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
How about John 15: "If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you."

Seems like he was pretty well loved by a pretty wide and worldly audience. That doesn't mean he was a bad man, or that he wasn't himself saved. It does suggest, however, that his public message was tailored to avoid upsetting worldly and powerful people. Perhaps he loved adulation a little too much.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I doubt he was loved by anymore people than those who love Jesus and likely far fewer. Think of all who hate Him to the point of recoiling from the mere mention of His Name. He was likely respected by more than who loved him, due to the man he was, and having not being caught up in all the crap you and those like you feel compelled to spew. The greatest share of it lies from the pit of Hell. That's Hell's job and so many enjoy volunteerism.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Those who advocate for the narrow road, instead of the broad path, tend to be liked by only few, and hated by the vast majority. If you want to find a true man of God, a good start is to eliminate folks from consideration who are widely praised.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Narrow people make that road nearly impassable but for adherence to their legalism but even then it's going in the wrong direction. That is not what He was saying, nor the road He was describing. No man comes to the Father but by Him, is as narrow as it gets and Grace assures that.

E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
Those who advocate for the narrow road, instead of the broad path, tend to be liked by only few, and hated by the vast majority. If you want to find a true man of God, a good start is to eliminate folks from consideration who are widely praised.

Conversely there are many out there who “preach” stuff that they call a gospel who grate on people but don’t have a nodding acquaintance with The Gospel. That is it’s the Gospel that ought to offend not the messenger. Just because you’re an a$$hole doesn’t mean your message is more credible than someone who is winsome.

I have already said I believe the Bible is clearly against universalism (not sure whether Billy deserved that title or not?) but I do think that the message of the Big-G Gospel that Paul said is offensive or a stumbling block can be presented in a winsome way.

One thing that as an old school Calvinist has always bothered me is the negativity... that is, those who speak loudly the negative truths of the Gospel telling those who are outside just how outside they are. The positive side is HUGE; we are dead in trespasses & sins and yet God has directed all of history in such a way as to seek & save us... and that free offer is made to all who seek Him.

Just mind numbing how unbelievably ludicrous that is when I look honestly at myself. I can’t help but say that there is nothing qualitatively different between those on the “outside” and me that caused God to open my eyes. Apart from Christ I am a worthless sinner deserving hell. And what gratitude that spawns!

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

439 members (160user, 1badf350, 17CalFan, 1Longbow, 2500HD, 1lesfox, 38 invisible), 2,094 guests, and 1,110 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,090
Posts18,501,862
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.