Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Weber kettle grill.

Ah.

You got it all mapped out? I can tell you the easy way.

I am all ears.

Please go on.

Exactly get on with it, like a Jewish American Princess on prom night with this guy.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
GB1

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Sorry, I forgot about this.

Buy a packer. A real packer.

Cover the whole brisket in a rub. Any rub will be fine. Tony's, Montreat Steak, and some paprika is just fine for a starter rub.

Load one side of your grill with minimal amounts of charcoal (figure one chimney) and put your brisket fat side down on the other. If you can find lump charcoal, use it. And don't use lighter fluid. But some burn sticks and use that to ignite. Load up lots of wood and smoke the fugk out of it for three hours. Or four. Smoke should be billowing out of the Weber. Both vents should open just enough to allow the wood to smolder. Since the heat will all be on one side, turn the brisket so a different side faces the heat source every 60-90 minutes.

Don't worry about cooking the damn thing on your Kettle. Just use it to get smoke into the meat. If it cooks a little in the process, great. But that's not your goal. You're literally using the Weber as just a smoker.

After you have the smoke portion done, wrap it in foil fat side up, and put it in the oven @ 275 and leave it in the oven for 10 hours. Put it in a substantial cookie sheet or disposable Turkey roaster because it's going to make a schit ton of grease and you don't want that in your oven.

At the end of 10 hours, do the fork test. If it doesn't pass, put it back in for another three and test again. Repeat until it passes the fork test.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Finally thought my nuts were gonna swell up and fall off.

[Linked Image]

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Give the hobo his beer back.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Puhlease, that right thar is the first PBR I've ever drink drank drunk. Finally found a decent 30 pack price in this God forsaken area,

"Maybe we're all happy."

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Thanks for the info Flave.

Any insight towards a cooker if not the Kettle?

Keep in mind I cant afford a BGE.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Yeah you can usually find these in the big city. Wal Mart often carries Brinkman's versions and they work just fine.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Royal-G...rizontal2_rr-_-301952661-_-306325357-_-N

Spend an extra $20 and put in a real thermometer and you can get a lot of mileage on one. They're much easier to learn to smoke/cook on than a traditional Weber.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by deflave
Yeah you can usually find these in the big city. Wal Mart often carries Brinkman's versions and they work just fine.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Royal-G...rizontal2_rr-_-301952661-_-306325357-_-N

Spend an extra $20 and put in a real thermometer and you can get a lot of mileage on one. They're much easier to learn to smoke/cook on than a traditional Weber.

That's a good suggestion for those on a budget. I've had a Char-Griller version for years and still use it. I didn't buy the offset smoker box (it was an option with mine at the time)

I just load the side opposite the chimney with coals and chunks of apple, cherry or whatever your fancy is at the time. Place meat on the rack below the chimney and let the smoke roll up through the meat and out the chimney. Easy peasy. Works great for beer can chickens, especially.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

576 members (1minute, 1Longbow, 1234, 007FJ, 160user, 10gaugemag, 57 invisible), 2,443 guests, and 1,208 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,423
Posts18,470,700
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.