Originally Posted by SamSteele
Hey Pugs,

I just picked up an Orvis Clearwater Large Arbor reel. They were on sale at the local shop and seemed to be a much better reel than the cheaper Okuma's that they had. I also picked up a Scientific Anglers WF5 Uniform Sinking line with a sink rating of 3. I found out that the line on the TFO outfit was a WF4F so I thought a sinking line would be a nice compliment. Hopefully the one I got is a good line to use for fishing small pothole lakes stocked with Rainbow and Tiger trout.

Thanks for your help.

SS

That reel will work just fine and will last the rest of your life.

You may want to reconsider the line though. A sinking line has to be brought up to the surface so you can cast again. Yes, you can use a sinking line and it's helpful when fishing from a boat or float tube but from the shore it's a pain (generally) and you're targeting fish that are 2'-6' under so a floating line with a 8'-10' leader will easily get you down that far. They also make sinking tip lines that work a bit deeper than floating but as I said, I think you want a floating 5 weight line.

Allen

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated