I inherited a 15" Bullberry in 17 Mach 4 from my dad. Have only put about 60 shots through it. Ran a wet patch and a dry patch when I first got it. And did the same after about 50 shots. It didn't need it. I have another Bullberry, a 218 Bee, and it seems to never need cleaning either. Both those bores act like bores I have treated. I've been meaning to find out whether Bullberry hand-laps, or exactly what they do to their barrels. I can't even make soft cast bullets shot 2200+ foul the Bee. They won't shoot accurately that fast, but they don't lead the bore.

The Mach 4 is a lot of fun! I remember having a discussion with JB about 17 cals. You highly recommended one, John, and I see why. Haven't shot any game with it, but with the fireforming loads I've run, hitting water bottles out to 150 is pretty dramatic. They don't just pop. The pieces get flung 8-10ft sideways. Pretty cool stuff! I haven't settled on a load for that one either. H4198 is working well so far, but I may be able to do better.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.