Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
There should be a moving tax of 300 k for any liberal Yankees moving to any of the southern states. These SOB's laugh at the south out of one side of their mouth and then go to it willingly to retire or for a fresh start. Make them pay for it

Yes, and those damned Yankees who move south spend their money and contribute to the economy of wherever they land. Most retired people don't get involved in local politics, so, on the balance, they add a lot more than they take. Most Yankees view themselves as Americans and are indifferent/disinterested in obsessing over a war that ended long before they, their parents, and their grandparents were born. The have no ill-will toward any southerner.

Ever been to Palm Coast Florida ? Its like living in NYC. More younger people are moving to Florida then Older in a lot of instances. WHat do they contribute to the economy ?

I don't believe that young northerners move to the south in great numbers, unless to attend college. Show me a reliable data source for your claim.

news flash

I lived there for 10 years, I have family there I see trends . Did you live there or have family there ?