The Hogue extreme grips arrived from Midway.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/21...heckered-g-10-black?cm_vc=ProductFinding

When installed they are about .10" narrower than the factory grips shown above, but about the same length. The factory grips, by the way, are engraved on the inside:

"HOGUE
P220 SAO
REV A"

so I guess they are made by Hogue. smile To me they need to be made with less filler on the backstrap, though others may like them. They have more checkered surface than the factory grips, and are definitely better feeling. Not sure about $101 better, however... smirk

The trigger is decent, smooth but a little creepy, without a crisp break. I guess it's better than my Sistema and my 938, but not as good as my Combat Elite, where I just finished a trigger job. The Les Baer beats it handily. Never have done a trigger job on a Sig, so that may be a learning experience.

I took the slide off, and noted that the stout recoil spring is made from stranded wire, which should help its durability. The key working surfaces, like the breech face, are smoothly finished, which is a smart move on Sig's part. I noted that it smoothly fed a Buffalo Bore 220 hardcast load, cycling the slide by hand.

So far I find no one who makes a holster for it, so that will be one challenge. The gun I see most as a hunting pistol.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."