Finally got loose to shoot it this morning. Ran about 50 rounds through it, mostly Hornady 155's, but I did also shoot 5 of the Buffalo Bore "Heavy 10mm" loads which claim 1350 fps for a 180 jhp. Unlike the last new Sig I bought, the critical surfaces, like the breech face, are smoothly polished, and the gun ran flawlessly, so kudos to them.

Minor gripes would be that the magazine has probably the strongest spring I've ever run into, and it's tough to get the 8th round in the mag. I would think Sig could have made a 9 or 10 round single stack mag for it; perhaps they will in the future. The trigger is a bit mushy and does not have a crisp break.

My shooting was awful today, so reporting group size would have been a waste of time. I had two 1911's with me, and it did at least as well as they did, so eventually I suspect it will prove accurate.

Assuming a good holster, I could see this Sig as a hunter's weapon, or even bear protection. At frst glance it reminds you a lot of the S&W 4506, a big stainless 10mm auto, and I suspect the Sig will prove to be a fine and durable large auto.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."