Originally Posted by Mule Deer
This thread got me curious about .22 Magnum Ruger American Rifles. Despite owning an Anschutz 54 in .22 LR, I am not about to pay well over $1000 for a top-line Anschutz in .22 Magnum. Yesterday afternoon was in an LGS and they had an American .22 Magnum on sale for a decent price, so brought it home. (Am now the proud owner of 4 Americans, 2 rimfires and 2 centerfires.) Will mount a scope and see what it does with various kinds of ammo. My other .22 Magnum is a Winchester 9422M that loves 30-grain TNT ammo, does well with 40-grain Winchester HP's (which seem to shoot more consistently in different rifles than any other .22 Magnum ammo, and scatters the 33-grain V-Max ammo into 5-6".

I'm getting ready to do the same thing John. I was just looking at one locally for $269.00 $249.00. I will also get 200 rounds of Hornady ammo with it so we'll see how she shoots. I'll probably end up buying some weaver bases (#12) for it and mount a scope on it. I really liked the way the RAR felt when shouldered. Pretty sweet little rifle with a 22" barrel and who doesn't love the Ruger rotary magazines???

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA