Originally Posted by fourbore
Originally Posted by Certifiable
Not a great pic but .22 and .22mag predators.. 17 HMR predator is en route to complete the trifecta [Linked Image]

For those who dont know, these are a distributor special. It sold out fast and more have been built and they are back out there now. That green stock is how they come. I can take it or leave it. The key points are medium weight 18" barrel as opposed to a light barrel in the standard model. Not a heavy barrel a medium. Also a big bolt handle, nice one piece scope base and threaded bbl. If I did not have a std model already, I would think about one of these while they were available. Next year probably be something else. I like the idea of a little shorter stiffer barrel. I dont know that is translates into shooting better (on average) or just adds a few ounces for nothing. I suspect it should shoot a bit better and still carry ok at 18".

The .17 predator is a brand new option, not yet on the website. Ruger catalog 8336. Here is a link to Ruger 8334 & 8335. I think this is going the way of 10/22 with variations every year.

http://www.ruger.com/products/americanRimfireDE/models.html

Thanks for the heads up. I didn't know they were making this model again. I found one on GB for a fair Buy Now and hit the button.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis