Yeah, I avoid the Euro factory ammo like the plague. Even though they are loaded with excellent bullets, I never got good accuracy and case life sucked after firing- all due to their being loaded hot for use in "modern" European stalking rifles, IMO. I don't know what else to blame it on either, and also based on my limited test group of my personal guns. I know others get sterling results from Norma and S&B ammo. The last box of S&B ammo I had, I pulled the bullets and reloaded them with a mild charge of 3031 in other brass and got splendid accuracy.

Your Hornady .227s should do fine. Try them and if accuracy sucks, try shortening them by .1" to .150" and that should tighten up the groups. Some guys get decent accuracy with them as-is, some don't. Depends on the individual gun and how close to the standard the boys in the barrel department got them twisted on any given day. The nominal 1-12" twist is a tad too slow for optimal stabilization of those long Hornady spire points, but some barrels evidently got out with somewhat faster twists, dependent on the vagaries of the rifling process back then. Like I said, only one way to find out...

Last edited by gnoahhh; 07/13/15.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty