I ground the top of a shell holder last night and I took too much off, it let the case rim pull through on the press upstroke, oh well I have another shell holder to sacrifice so I will be more careful. I was able to get 1 piece of 30-30 through the die before the shell holder broke, the shoulder set back right where I wanted and it chambered nicely. The final 30-30 brass was 2.095 over all length. I thought this was interesting since I read where Gnoahhh and others said no trimming was necessary. Maybe it was due to my series of reforming stages. I started with a neck pass in a 7x57 die, then a full pass in a 250-3000 die, then 2 passes through a 22 HP die.

To Gnoahhh's point, my 30-30 cases measure .416 at the case head while the Norma cases are .410. My chamber cast shows about .420 diameter at the same point.

With the Buffalo Arms bullet my over all length to just touch the rifling is 2.635". These are slightly too long to fit in the magazine. What length do you guys use for rounds to fit and feed in the magazine? I also noticed I can get the fifth round into the magazine (empty brass) but can not close the bolt over it. Do you think I need to back off the rotor spring 1 notch?

Thanks
Nick