Hello Canadian neighbors, is anyone here familiar with the Stettler area of Alberta? I have some friends from New Zealand hoping to move to the area to work as veterinarians (large animal), and they are both avid outdoor enthusiasts. I intend to visit them at some point and the plan is to take advantage of the local hunting opportunities.

From what I can gather, it's a great area for duck hunting. It sounds like the best time is early to mid-October before everything freezes.

Are there any big game opportunities? I have no interest in shooting a moose or elk with a rifle, but would love to maybe at least get some good photographs.

Basically any advice/information on the area would be appreciated. My friends are great people and as vets will obviously come into contact with lots of farmers, so I feel like finding a pothole or two to shoot in will be easy. It's a cool opportunity for hunters from all over the world to make contacts/friends as well. I'm coming from South Carolina and my friends are from New Zealand, so between SC/NZ/AB we could swap hunts/fishing trips/etc.

Vegetarian: An Old Indian Word for Lousy Hunter