I having been fooling with this stuff the last couple of days. It didn't go so good, mostly explainable as i cast some 45colt bullets where the cheap lee die was not closing completely, and through the diameter off. This had an effect when i ran them through a lyman 450.
I first bought some hi temp engine paint, sprayed them and baked. This seemed to add a couple thousandths diameter to the bullet. I sized them after the paint, and it didn't work so good. Scraped paint off etc. I then stuck some harbor freight paint in a container, and tumbled with the airsoft pellets. it seemed very uneven coverage on the first go around.
didn't bother to bake them, and was reading on cast bullets forum others using different ingredients in the mix, which i haven't tried yet. I think i need to order some better powder, and try again.
Somewhat unrelated, but regarding .45colt. The prewar colt was sized to .454 or even bigger, the postwar colt standardized at .451 or .452. Although i have one smith that the bullet would drop through the cyclinders if sized down that low. I read some stuff last night where people are just sizing to .454 and letting it go at that. Any thoughts from anyone on this? One of my early lyman cast bullet reloading books suggested this as an ideal diameter.
If one were to carry this thought a little further, the nominal diameter today would be around .452. Sizing to .454 and a couple thousandth more for at least the painted/spray version, would get it up there to far i am thinking.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO