i don't have that powder in yet from the place recommended, but i did spray some bullets with the vhs engine block spray.
This increased diameter of the lee .309 170grain flat nose that had come out of the mould at .309 to .311.
I will confirm they went through my sizer die on a lyman bringing them back down to .309 slicker than owl sh*t.
Applying gas checks were easier to.
I can sure see why people are doing this.
If it wasn't that i wanted uniformity in the size, multiple .308 type things to put them in, I don't think i would have sized them either.
Next is to stick them in some 30.30 brass and load not at max but on the upper end and see what they do.
I can SURE see using this powder coat application or the spray paint for that matter, on pistol bullets.
I think that better grade of powder will work quite well.
with the vhs spray, i didn't seem, to have any issues with it coming off.
Traditionally i have used blue angel, alox, or lyman "bug snot" as a lube. Alox works but i have to clean the noses of the bullets after loading. It's hot in arizona. I went in some cases to hitemp lube, it works, but that is a different issue.
I think at this point the paint is an answer in ore than one area.
Let you know when i get that yellow/green paint in and applied on some.

I showed one of the painted projectiles to a 80 year old friend of mine yesterday, that has been casting and reloading for probably 50 years, he got bugeyed and said he had never thought of that. Now at one time he was a IBM engineer assigned to NASA working on the manned space projects. I was thinking, don't they use certain types of paint on the shuttles, and some of the airforce hardware? Same thing.

Last edited by RoninPhx; 07/30/15.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO