I pray you don't wind up like me.
I had my toe fused to my foot 2 weeks ago. Took deladen (sp?), days 3-4, had a terrible trip. Felt like the room was closing in on me, had respitory depression, absolutely freaked out 3 weekends ago. Haven't been able to sleep properly since.
Last saturday, wife and I got out to the lake. I get to throwing a bumper for my Trap, being active, etc., took 1 hydrocodone (norco) pill around 2 pm., get home, dinner, tv, go to bed around midnight. Foot really hurting, take a norco around 2 am., by 3, when it kicked in, I started freaking out again.
Sunday morning, wife and I read the side effects of these drugs.
WOW !
I have like everyone. She takes me to immediate care.
Doc gives me 2 MG of vallium, to calm me and allow me to sleep.

Long story....

I'm off every hard drug now since 2 am last Sunday. Still have anxiety attacks and fast heart rate, and breathing issue's when ever I lay down. I can not sleep in my own bed.
I am terrified of it, and get some sleep, thanks to a melatonin based sleep aid, in our spare room.

I am afraid the side effects of these pain mess may have caused me permanent mental issues with sleeping.
I'm up now.... took a pill, fell asleep around 9:30, and wake every 2 hours. Sitting in the recliner on here now..
(Evident)...
I am hoping after the drugs completely clear my system, I can go back to normal sleep cycle. If not, I don't know what to do??
I have another surgery, Monday.
I pray the freaking out cycle doesn't start over.

Stay away from these things guys... they will mess your life up.