Originally Posted by Squidge
Originally Posted by jorgeI
One in 10 people who visit Planned Parenthood go there for abortion services

So that means that 9 out of 10 people visit for PP for something other than an abortion, things like birth control, STD treatments, and cancer screenings. k20350 related his experience as one of those that utilized PP for something other than an abortion.

Originally Posted by jorgeI
Almost 94 percent of Planned Parenthood’s services for pregnant women are abortions

I can imagine that in many places PP is the only game in town, or the only place in an entire state, that actually offers abortion procedures. No surprises in that regard.

READ FAIL. Read the ENTIRE article and like PP, don't cherry pick sentences. usan B. Anthony List calculates (emphasis in original):
•In 2012, abortions made up 93.8% [327,166] of Planned Parenthood’s pregnancy services, while prenatal care and adoption referrals accounted for only 5.6% (19,506) and 0.6% (2,197), respectively. For every adoption referral, Planned Parenthood performed 149 abortions.

Last edited by jorgeI; 07/25/15.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”