About a year ago I started collecting model 52 Winchesters. I now have about 10 of them. I think they are a fun gun to collect as there are so many variations and the first 52 was made in 1920. Win 52's were made up till about 1973 and come in mostly magazine types,but single shots also. I have pre-A,the A,B,C,D,and E types. I was lucky enough to purchase Elmer Keiths 52 match rifle and I also have a "A" single shot,which is a one of a kind.

I probably have a average price of $1200 and all are minty examples. I tend to like the heavy barreled guns. As I get older the rimfire rifles just make a lot of sense to me and they can be purchased without breaking the bank,but nice examples are harder to be found.

Some of the older guns were used by very famous small bore shooters like Art Jackson. I have a 52 that was shot in the 1952 Olympics. There are also custom 52's that have very interesting histories and that's what makes these rifles collectable and fun to collect.

Photo of Elmer Keith's 52

[Linked Image]

Provenance of Elmer's 52 rifle

http://www.scribd.com/doc/262179195...eith-Some-Turkey-Rifles-Past-and-Present

p.s. I also collect Remington 37's,Springfield M1922's,and High Standard 22 target pistols....what's not to like!