The old guys came home from WWII and Korea with a few bucks because largely, there were no places to spend it. One of my younger uncles had enough to pay cash for a Ford.

Others bought a new revolver as soon as they became available. Others bought a new shotgun or rifle. They or their heirs are selling a lot of them off. Many were lightly or never used.

My pre war Model 70 is well used by an old family friend. He sold his in the early 60s when he decided he was too old to hunt. Cousin bought his three M70s. I ended up with the .270.

I recently bought a late forties/early fifties pre model 10 S&W that was hardly used with the only blue wear being a light turn ring on the cylinder.

I bought a Winchester 42 a few years ago that looked as if it had been mostly in a time capsule. Light wear on the magazine tube, otherwise perfect.

Lots of the returning greatest generation, got too busy to hunt for raising kids and building careers. They are out there. Be patient. Heck, I'm rapidly approaching 78. You might buy some of mine in a few years. I do have some nice stuff.

Jack

"Do not blame Caesar, blame the people...who have...rejoiced in their loss of freedom....Blame the people who hail him when he speaks of the 'new, wonderful, good, society'...to mean ,..living fatly at the expense of the industrious." Cicero