Not to inflame anyone or incite religious bigotry, but I grew up in northern Utah with a fully credentialed pioneer lineage. wink (Great-great grandfather was a Mormon Apostle with 8 wives. shocked ) Because that part of Utah (Cache Valley) is my home, the geography and that area are very much imprinted on me and I still call it home and enjoy visiting very much. It has much to commend it.

However, we left Utah 28 years ago; we just had to get out of there. AT the time my wife and I were both very active LDS (and she still is extremely active), but it was too much of a mono-culture for both of us then and still is today (at least for me). I found it boring and stifling. This is mostly true if you are LDS I think. If you are not LDS though, you can pretty much do what you want, you just have to deal with some annoying aspects of the LDS culture in the public square, but I don't think its near as stifling as when you are a member of the LDS faith and then living in a community where it seems like everyone else is a member of the same faith.

Every culture has its quirks. For example, I positively cannot stand San Francisco and most of Kalifornia (even though I live in the state). I think for non-Mormons living in Utah, you just learn to deal with the quirks of living in a place where a particular religion dominates the culture. You just learn to deal with some of the annoyances that go along with that.

Jordan

Last edited by RobJordan; 07/26/15.

Communists: I still hate them even after they changed their name to "liberals".

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.