Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Originally Posted by rickmenefee
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Paul Long is the best there is. You can google his work.

Not hardly - he does one style. Layton and parson do everything. Only thing I've never saw either put liner's in they're sheaths. I'm figuring for a reason. Paul does nice stuff. The best that's a big word. Look at the way parson and Layton attach the belt loops. Tapeted round stiching. Paul makes a beatiful work of art.
On a hunting tool the holster is more important than the cutting tool!! Much like a scope on a gun. Jim Layton does every single step by hand he's way up in years. Only machine he uses is a drill press. Lots of horse hide utilized with 0 fluff. I had many many of both. Layton is a good friend that being said he will do exactly what he wants and input is unwanted or needed. He makes for who he wants when he wants and I'm lucky he will deal with me. Both these guys are of the best of the best. If you want either to jump thru hoops your better to deal with other guy's

Everybody has the right to their own opinions. I particularly like Mr.Long's work because it lends it'self to the large Bowies I both like and make. Paul is also a heck of a nice guy. I met him only through bladeforums and he PM'd me offering help along with his personal number. He then graciously spent several hours over several days explaining certain techniques to me just to be a blessing and a help.
No argument from me. Why Geezus made different women.

Last edited by rickmenefee; 07/28/15.