Healthy discussion guys. Like Rick, I try my best to refrain from using the word "Best". It looks like there are a number of top shelf sheath makers out there.Just like knife making, sheath making is an art form in itself. I've had a few sheaths that were supplied with 2nd class sheaths that I considered to be dangerous. I have quite a few from Mr.Parsons. Some fancy and some not so fancy, but all are safe and extremely well made. I also have a number of Jim Layton's sheaths. None are fancy, but all are extremely well made, safe, and all stitched 100% by hand. IMO, if you choose to carry a thinly ground razor sharp knife, don't cut corners on the sheath for safety reasons. Phil Wilson attemped to holster a sharp fillet knife into a wet leather sheath a few years ago and cut himself badly. Phil only offers Kydex these days. I doubt that this accident would have occurred with a Parsons or Layton sheath. My thanks to all of you that posted pictures of some very nice sheaths for all of us to see.