Originally Posted by conrad101st
Velvet smacks of hunting out of season. I don't care if he paid $500k for his candyass tag that the governor splooged on to hunt with 12 guides, 2 helicopters, 30 beaters and a wet nurse. It's hunting out of season and isn't a fair hunt done in the wilderness under fair conditions. It's just a hand job for a rich pussie.

It is a legal, lawful hunt and anything to indicate otherwise is an absolute lie.

It's not a "hand job" for the rich, these tags actually generate a lot of revenue for the animals we hunt. There are just as many raffle tags as there are auction tags in a lot of states.

Personally, I feel they should all be raffled but it is what it is.

A good friend of mine drew the raffle deer tag here in Colorado last year and he was on a big deer. The locals thought he was the rich guy getting a hand job and they ruined his hunt. After they spooked the deer one guy ran across a snow covered sage flat and got between him and the deer as he was about to pull the trigger.

These guys had your mentality and they were way worse for the sport than any one or two tags