Originally Posted by conrad101st
Velvet smacks of hunting out of season. I don't care if he paid $500k for his candyass tag that the governor splooged on to hunt with 12 guides, 2 helicopters, 30 beaters and a wet nurse. It's hunting out of season and isn't a fair hunt done in the wilderness under fair conditions. It's just a hand job for a rich pussie.

So because you're content chasing your meager trophy in OK, you have to bad mouth the hunter, who did it legally and in his means? He is a good man, one of the finest that I've met, who worked hard for what he has. Raised good kids who are hard workers and making their own way through life and doing a good job of it. He loves elk and loves to be part of the hunt, not just called in to shoot. Puts time in, in the off season, shooting to be ready. He bought his first auction tag kind of accidentally. He thought the tag wasn't going high enough to raise money so he bid it up and ended up buying it. He has done a lot for wildlife, so guys like you can chase your meager trophy.

"I used to be a tired hunting guide, now I'm just a re-tired hunting guide"

"No eternal reward will forgive us now, for wasting the dawn" JM

Jared