Originally Posted by Pete E
Originally Posted by bcolorado
Originally Posted by Pete E
So if someone drives onto your property, you are legally allowed to destroy their vehicle?

It is not about the vehicle it as all about the camera.

If someone parked a camera on a tripod on my driveway it would not last long.

Morally, I agree with you, but legally, I am not sure you can destroy other peoples stuff just for tresspass?? Plus, in this case, you have the issue of discharging a firearm within the city limits..

And besides the criminal aspect, you then have to factor in the possibility the drone owner may take out a civil suit to recover the cost of the damaged drone..

Again, I have no idea whether that is likely to succeed or not, but even if it doesn't, its likely to be an expensive exercise for the home owner once lawyers get involved.

My hunch is that “self defence” aspect might be the best way forward for the home owner, rather than trying to argue straight trespass and/or invasion of privacy..

If the vehicle that comes onto my property is threatening me, yes I feel I have the right to disable it. Every time.

As to discharge in city limits, really normal people would not care about this, and I certainly don't, but there are things that go along with defense, that eliminate, or should in all states, the liability to other penal code issues.

IE if I"m legal in defending myself, others or my property in a self defense issue, then I cannot or should not be charged with the issue of discharge.

If I am charged with that, then every time an LEO fires their weapon inside the city, they should also be charged. And I'm not against LEO at all if you know me.

Here in the US a lot of us tend to take our private property rights very seriously, much more so than other countries do. I"m glad we do. Blood, sweat, tears etc... into buying and keeping it, its mine, you are not welcome unless invited.

Drones will be an issue until its all sorted out, and I hope they quickly understand that yep, don't ban drones, but they can only overfly public property or property that you own or have permission to be on, and if other happens, destruction is fine.

Firefighting, EMS and LEO have had serious issues with drones already, so much so that if they do ban em, I'm almost ok with that.... A good friend had such a close call in an Air Evac Helo a while back that he quit the service and went back to ground EMS.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....