Originally Posted by 458 Lott
Originally Posted by Paradiddle
Originally Posted by Pete E
Originally Posted by Paradiddle
There was never a drone in this story. It's called a quadcopter, or perhaps an RC helecopter if it has 1 main rotor, and they've been around for 50 years.

I think the difference is that todays consumer level "drones" carry camera's, data links, auto pilots, and can essentially fly them selves..

I'm not sure where you draw the line between old fashioned RC models and todays modern "drones" but I think most people would regard them as "different"..

That said, I had a relative who was into RC models and Ham radio ect and he had a RC plane rigged up with a basic TV camera about 25 years ago, so I do get what you are saying..

It's the overuse of the word drone that kills me. And only because I used to fly RC. Those are all quadcopters. Period. It comes from the media wanting to fool the sheep of this national into believe your neighbor has one of these....

[img]https://sp.yimg.com/ib/th?id=JN.Wl1uZKURB0bJ9JZzV0WD3g&pid=15.1&P=0[/img]

Just because they are smaller doesn't change a thing.

If you're flying your r/c copter, park flier etc in your yard, a park or r/c field no big deal.

You start flying it over property you have no right to fly over and are taking video or pictures of them and their family, you have a problem.

Personally I find the small drones right outside your window much more invasive than a military or LE drone flying 1000's of feet AGL.

this

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain