Living in Namibia would depend a lot on your background. For me growing up I a very rural area and being involved in agriculture, I would move there tomorrow. Living in Windhoek maybe not. While I felt perfectly safe in town I was always ready to get out asap. Every single house in town has a ten foot wall with electric wire on top for a reason. While violent crime seemed low. Robbery and theft are rampant. However, like anywhere you live people adapt. As far as overall safety I felt just as safe as I would in Oklahoma City or Dallas. I actually felt safer than I do when I am in places like Lawton Oklahoma or Yazoo Mississippi. A lot safer! I'm just not a city person so my impression of any city is skewed. Oh and I'll take Windhoek any day over Johannesburg! Living there with kids means private school and it means they will learn German. You will go to a private hospital. Food cost are on par with where I live maybe a little cheaper. Variety and availability can be spotty. There are two or three huge shopping malls bigger than anything in Oklahoma. Labor is cheap. The climate makes heating and cooling bills way cheap. As far as social life I can't say. I'm not a night life person, whatever you did would be in the German community. My best description of Windhoek would be Albuquerque. Similar architecture ,climate and terrain only with electric fences. I do know the government makes it extremely hard for foreigners to work there. Like I said if I had to live in a city probably no way, but that is my feelings here also. Get me at least 100 miles away then hell yes! Oh and driving on the opposite side of the road freaks me out. If your partner moves there, hire me!

"He is one of the Legion lost."

"You care for nothing but shooting, dogs, and rat- catching, and you will be a disgrace to yourself and all your family."