Been home two days now and thought I would give a report. While on my first trip to Namibia in 2011 with the Die Keiler group I was adopted by the two families I stayed with. We became quite close and I returned in 2012 and now this year. This time was hastily put together and I was told there would be as much farm work as hunting. I had planned to shoot a zebra and kudu. On arrival I find out what a severe drought their areas were in and how badly they needed management animals removed. So the focus shifted to management hunting. Each day we hunted early and late then farmed in between. By the end of the trip I had shot multiple springbok, hartebeest, oryx, black wildebeest, jackal and baboon. The two ranches are six hours apart so there is a lot of variety. I also shot sand grouse on the Kalahari ranch. Rifles used were my 8x57 model 98 Mauser with a 4x Leopold shooting 200gr. Nosler partitions. Then my 7x57 whitworth Mauser shooting 160gr. Nosler partitions. This was my first time to use the 7x57 and it lived up to it's reputation. I had previously taken the 8x57 and it is devastating on oryx. Despite the fact that the wound channels were noticeably smaller. Animals shot with the 7x57 dropped in the same distance as the 8x57. Penetration on similar shot placement was also the same. I came to favor the 7x57 because of it's higher magnification 6x Leopold. Ranges ran from 30meters to 300meters. No animals were lost or wounded. We filled the coolers on each ranch and on the day I left we hauled 1300 lbs of meat to the butcher to sell. If anyone wants to see pictures just pm me and I will give you directions to my Facebook page where I have all the pictures up already. A special thanks to the Ling and von Gossler families.

"He is one of the Legion lost."

"You care for nothing but shooting, dogs, and rat- catching, and you will be a disgrace to yourself and all your family."