Originally Posted by 21
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Harleys are cool if:

1. you are an old semi bald white guy w/ a pony tail.

2. think that riding a "chopper" makes you tough.

3. Watch TV shows that glorifies the lifestyle of criminals and predators.

4. Hang out w/ Safariman or his fellow travellers.

5. Don't give a damn what other people thinkgrin

6. Sportsters are to real bikes what KFC is to home made fried chicken.

Just thought I would a redistibute la merde. You are welcome and I really like Brit bikes and Gin.

mike r
Yeah, put me at five.
+1

Originally Posted by KFWA
Bikes are kinda like guns

There are enough varieties out there that you can justify getting a different kind ...and if you're lucky enough, at the same time.
Yep..

I've had a bunch. Started out with Suzuki in '68 - then two Triumph Trident 750s, then a Suzuki GS110L, then two Kawasaki Voyagers (the big 6-cyl ones - the second one I drove for 18 years) then finally to HD (now on the 6th since '05)

When you're young, bikes like those can be ridden easily. but when a rider gets older (read: stiffer) they're just simply not comfortable enough to stay on for more than a few miles, which is why those big baggers become so inviting.

I just came back from the rally with about 1500 miles put on the Ultra Classic. I can ride that bike for 600 miles/day and not have to be pried off the seat and placed in a Jacuzzi to recuperate..

Nice to see a helluva lotta women riding solo there too. And they're not on just Dynas or Sportsters either - many are riding full baggers and handling 'em just fine.. Female riders are becoming a larger segment of the bike family and IMHO that's a good thing..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!