Another vote for Panther Martins over Mepps. Have caught a lot of trout (including browns) with both, but prefer Panthers because they cast better and sink quicker. If single hooks look like the way to go, I just clip off two from trebles. It's a lot quicker and easier, not to mention cheaper.

Have also caught quite a few bigger browns on Rapalas, and not necessarily the jointed model somebody already mentioned, but do prefer the sinking versions, for the same reason I prefer Panthers over Mepps. Rapalas work especially well at night, if fishing after dark is legal.

Another good lure to try for browns is a small feathered jig, pretty much patterned after the fly called the Woolly Bugger. Synthetic-bodied jigs will work too, but browns will hit feathered jigs more readily when they're just drifting, without any action. Or at least that's been my experience. Black, brown, olive green and white have all worked well at various times, and a little Mylar flash doesn't hurt.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck