Sometime in the mid sixties, I was young, married, had two kids, and was working entry level pay. Remington had just come out with the ugly 600 series at a MSRP of $99.95. A friendly LGS guy put me into one for $75 and for a small down and 30-60-90 payout. I went to Gibson's and got a set of Weaver mounts at about $7 and one of their house brand scopes for about $10. I used a 1" black target paster for a target. Once zeroed, the 6mmR, put three touching on the paster, and again, and again.

Then came the 788 a few years later. Another cheap date that folks soon found to work better than a red neck girl.

The arms companies often put out finely engineered low cost stuff that works, often better than the top of the line, but they have NO SOUL, for lack of a better description. You can't be seen in public with them, but make fine truck guns.
Jack

Last edited by jt402; 08/23/15.

"Do not blame Caesar, blame the people...who have...rejoiced in their loss of freedom....Blame the people who hail him when he speaks of the 'new, wonderful, good, society'...to mean ,..living fatly at the expense of the industrious." Cicero