I believe the Ruger American rifle will eventually dominate.
Reasons:
1. Kenny Jarrett has stated in a number of places that a three lug action will out perform a two lug bolt. I think he is serious because he set up to produce such an action. Also, I think he knows what the heck he is talking about. By the time you get a complete action together you will have spent at least 1600 bucks.
2. The magazine box is a cousin, design wise, of the rotary magazines in the Savage 99 and Manlicher Schonoer (sp) which were praised for having the best systems ever designed.
3. A push feed action with a center feed clip is extremely reliable. In fact it is just as reliable as a control feed out of a double stack magazine box. The model 1911 pistol, the Glock, and just about all modern semi automatic and automatic rifles (AR's) use such a system and they never fail to feed.
4. The barrel nut system, that allows one to quickly and easily change barrels is a big advantage.

It is inevitable that there will be many aftermarket parts.

The primary the detraction regarding the Ruger American Rifle is that it is readily available and reasonably priced. Also, it works really well without a bunch of upgrades.

Just wait until Jewel makes a trigger for it.

Last edited by RinB; 08/24/15.

“Perfection is achieved not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away”.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery. Posted by Brad.