Originally Posted by whelennut
If you can stalk and kill a bear in Minnesota I will kiss a fat lady on the ass on main street at high noon with an hour to draw a crowd.
I just talked to a Wisconsin corn farmer who says bears are in the corn right now. (At night)
He has never seen a bear. Good luck stalking those. Wisconsin runs them with dogs.

You will never have to kiss that fat ass. As to the poster that wants to know what is up with the baiting? Again, you will never see a bear in those woods in shooting hours. In 26 yrs of having a place in Price Co. Wis. none of us saw a bear in the woods ever unless we were baiting for bear. Them bear up in these parts go into tag elder swamps in the day. They lay in the water to cool off too. It is so thick in those swamps I have feared I would drown in them. You can't walk , you will sink 3' in the mud. Only way to get across them is to jump from one bog to the next most of the time. You will be soaked with mud to your chest and you will never sneak up on a bear like that. I have kicked them up though and it is astonishing how fast those bear run through that stuff. I think they half swim, half run . A blast of splashing water is all you will hear. This is why we hunt them over bait just outside these swamps, hoping they will come out before dark. "" Folks"" also run them with dogs I am not sure them "" folks "" are fully human though. They are a different breed of human that would make a city slicker stare in disbelief what they do to chase a bear. . As soon as they hear those bear dogs howl, those bear runners turn into part animal ,,, or something. As for me, I bait and love the solitude.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23