Originally Posted by kinser
^^^^^ Couldn't have said it better myself !!!! This will be my 7th year bear hunting in Minnesota and I've never heard of anyone stalking one there.

I'm 62 years old and have done a lot of bear hunting, harvesting plenty along the way. I've also put in many hours hunting for non-baited bears in Minnesota, spotting a couple in berry patches. Never stalked or killed one that way though. I've called in a few, and killed two that way. If you don't want to bait, try predator-calling tactics. But call from a tree or back-to-back with a friend. They're quiet. Baiting works the best. The only other close encounters I've had with non-baited bears in the woods were when I wasn't hunting them.

I shot one in the face last week with a rubber bullet out ' the 12 gauge. The prick wouldn't leave my garden alone. It was fun, at about 5 ft. He got one in the face and one in the ass, as he turned around. As he ran away, I said aloud: "AND STAY OUT!" Not sure why I said it. Didn't have to butcher him or eat him or anything; just counted coup! smile
Ain't seen him since.

Bill

There are many copies.