Originally Posted by cdb

A guy came in to the store yesterday with his new A5 he'd bought earlier in the week. He could not get a choke to insert into the end of the barrel(hint: there was already a choke in the barrel), so he tried it from the other end and had a choke stuck in the chamber. I tried for a few minutes to get it out but couldn't budge it.

I knew he felt really embarrassed and felt bad for him. We were pretty busy with a number of customers observing. When I heard the first snigger I gave the sniggerer the best go to hell look I could muster and then gave the rest of the people standing around the evil eye so they wouldn't say anything. But there is always one jerk in the crowd. This nimrod was examining a Desert Eagle in 50 AE and showing off for his girlfriend, with no intention of purchasing. He said to his girlfriend loud enough for everyone around to hear that the guy with the A5 was a dumbass. Before I could button it up I stated that everyone I knew that liked or owned Desert Eagles was obviously compensating for something. That shut him most rikky tik, his girlfriend started laughing at him and he stormed out of the store. I was lucky he didn't call back and complain about me.

Sent the A5 guy to the gunsmith I use.

Now that was funny! laugh laugh

And quick thinking too.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?