Originally Posted by Phoneman
What does the rifle weigh since the upgrade? Im still torn between a cz and a model 70

My .375 M-70 weighs 9# 6 oz with the Victory as shown. It balances at the front action screw.

My AHR CZ 9.3x62 weighs 9# 11 oz with the Conquest as shown. It balances behind the front action screw around the front of the floor plate. That wood is really dense, for sure heavier than the Winchester Tupperware stock. And, that may make the difference.

To me, the M-70 feel lighter and handles faster. The CZ sure is a sweet shooter, smooth kicker. The .375 isn't bad, just jumps a bit more than the CZ. You gotta hold onto both of them on the bench or they'll jump off the front rest, especially the M-70.

To me, the M-70 action is slicker even though it's not a custom and the CZ is. I think I can cycle the M-70 slightly faster. The M-70 New Haven trigger is very good, even better since I tweaked it. The AHR trigger is good, to me not quite as good as the CZ Timney. I do like the way it sits back in the trigger guard. I'm not crazy about the factory CZ single set trigger. It sits pretty far forward, is made of MIM and that stuff does break. I'd put a Timney in a CZ in a heart beat. Very easy to do and a super trigger. Lot of folks like the simplicity of the old M-70 trigger, more than the new SC Winchester trigger.

Real big bore, express shooters use a stand up bench. I have long legs for my bench, but never go to the trouble to set it up. I guess if I was going to shoot a bunch of big guns, I would do so.

DF

Last edited by Dirtfarmer; 08/31/15.