Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Originally Posted by Phoneman
What does the rifle weigh since the upgrade? Im still torn between a cz and a model 70

My .375 M-70 weighs 9# 6 oz with the Victory as shown. It balances at the front action screw.

My AHR CZ 9.3x62 weighs 9# 11 oz with the Conquest as shown. It balances behind the front action screw around the front of the floor plate. That wood is really dense, for sure heavier than the Winchester Tupperware stock. And, that may make the difference.

To me, the M-70 feel lighter and handles faster. The CZ sure is a sweet shooter, smooth kicker. The .375 isn't bad, just jumps a bit more than the CZ. You gotta hold onto both of them on the bench or they'll jump off the front rest, especially the M-70.

Real big bore, express shooters use a stand up bench. I have long legs for my bench, but never go to the trouble to set it up. I guess if I was going to shoot a bunch of big guns, I would do so.

DF

All excellent points. My model 70 jumps off the front rest more than my CZ does. The CZ 9.3x62mm is a sweetheart to shoot. The 1" pachmayr decelerator helps too... laugh

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA