I have taken two. One doe that was a easy shot I thought. Range was under a bit under a 100 yards. More of bounding that fast run. First shot just clipped top of both lungs but stayed under the spine. She started tipping so I figured she was done and got off the gun. Well she regained her footing and I had to get on her fast as she was hauling ass now. I but a slug through both hindquaters. Well three hours and a half mile later a third slug to the head finished the job.

Second one was a huge ten point I thought. Last day last three minutes. Two deer come out feeding on the edge of the field about 350 yards. Head down quatering away. Take my time let the 7mm08 bark. I missed. Deer come running at me full out other runs into the woods. I can see it is the big boy we had been seeing. Two more shots as fast as I can take them. He slides to a stop and cuts into some brush on the field edge.

I did not know if I hit him or not and I am shook up. All to once he comes out of the brush. Hauling ass across a open hillside along the field edge. Threw the gun up got on the tip of his shoulder did not even remember pulling the trigger. He dropped skidded on his nose and then rolled several times down the hill.

I knew he was dead. Got calmed down got the truck to drive over and pick him up. Well my ten point monster turned into a big six point. Old deer that I was familiar with, unique rack. Four on one side two on the other with a real bladed mainbeam barely had a browtine on the four point side.

Guessing when mr big hit the thick brush he ran away from and this one spooked out of the brush and ran across the hillside. Impressive shot 320 yards and he was full out run. Never gave a thought to look at the rack. Only seen two deer and the other was out of the picture after the first shot and was way smaller. Thinking this guy was in the thick waiting to come out and feed.

Kinda cool to get this particular deer. He was at least 5 1/2 and was the only deer I have ever shot that I got pictures of on trail cam. Three years prior he had the same exact rack.