It's not the bad knees that makes you a geezer, it's the refusal to adapt and change. While my taste in toys remains lodged firmly in the 20th (and 19th) Century, I make good use of innovations in other areas. Those who refuse to learn run the risk of suddenly finding themselves isolated, helpless, and dependent.

The interest in black rifles is fueled somewhat by the recent military experience of many younger shooters, just as acceptance of bolt actions and semi autos was by the two world wars, but also by the current crop of shoot-em-ups being produced for television and the theaters. Interest in, not neccessarily participation in, long-range shooting is similar, as not many have access to ranges over 100 yards. The boys buy the stuff, but their opportunities to use it, in the East anyway, are limited. The interest, and the sales are there, which drives the ads and the content. Many of the new crop of shooters are just that, shooters and not hunters, which also influences magazine content. Opportunities for "stories" and "how-tos" about what are essentially combat and target arms are somewhat limited.

I find plenty of material that satisfies my Reactionary Old Fart taste on YouTube and in books, both electronic and print; podcasts; and to some extent on the various blogs. A tablet of some sort makes viewing this stuff easier and more convenient, and decent ones can be had pretty cheaply. Waiting for publishers to produce magazines that match my tastes and interests is about as productive as standing in line at Walmart waiting for .22s.

What fresh Hell is this?