It's despicable to disparage the whole learning process around shooting. Whatever level of competency you have achieved, there's no way you started there. To hear you guys congratulate yourselves one would think you invented the whole sport on a high mountain of spent primers. Not bloody likely!

Try this- contribute something instead of stroking yourselves and each other publicly.

I myself have only recently started working with my first light gun, a really beautiful BSA featherweight sporter in 06 which scoped and loaded is 7#. When I got it, the barrel was un-centered and rubbing on one side in the channel so I floated it without ever firing it (oops). At the range I got very inconsistent results, good groups as well as horrible vertical stringing. Noticing how flexible the forearm is (it's thin and hollow) lead me to experiment with moving my front rest back near the action which settled the strings way down. So now I have added a pressure point with epoxy near the end of the forearm, but I haven't made it back to the range yet.

I am glad to learn these things thru experience, but I don't mind reading some of this stuff either, in a book, a magazine or online. It save money and time and some of the tricks you pick up would be hard to invent.