Originally Posted by Paddler
Eric308, you're on the right track. But I have come up with a better approach:
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/10508616/Re:_What_needs_to_change?#Post10508616
I posted it here knowing that the far right guns nuts would respond with insults and all the usual excuses to do nothing. Doing nothing isn't working.

Paddler, the only insult to you here was made by you with your "better approach" reasoning, which went like this:

I think we should classify all centerfire, semiautomatic weapons that accept detachable magazines as Class 3 weapons. Here's my reasoning. The forementioned weapons are as or more lethal in a school shooting situation as fully automatic weapons. More so, because the shooter can't waste ammo as you can in full auto. This reclassification will not include 22 rimfires, - -

but it seems to have a lot of holes in it. One is that you focus on school situations for your rationale (mass shootings happen on military bases, in movie theaters and shopping malls to name a few) and yours is a rationale that does not hold water anyway. Here's another hole. Would you care to analyze the firearms used in this Oregon campus shooting and explain how enacting your "proposal" would have inhibited the shooter there?
Then, there is the matter of freedom-loving firearms owners needing to deal with liberal idiots and rotten politicians - one aspect of which sometimes is overcoming useless proposals by attention seeking tool-trolls.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron