Originally Posted by Ackleyfan
Originally Posted by Canazes9
Originally Posted by Ackleyfan
You might actually try shooting some time...............

It's a wise choice for you to avoid discussing any particulars. It's the only real choice you had.

David

Seriously is that the best you can do?

maybe you can hang some pics of your 8" twisted 223 that won't stabilize the heavies............

I have an 8" twisted 223, shoots 75amax's beautifully. For a factory rifle available off the shelf it was a good choice. If I'm going to buy a custom made barrel I'm going to get it in a 7" twist so that it will fully stabilize the 75amax and perhaps some future bullets that aren't being made yet (22cal Barnes LRX comes to mind).

The difference between fully stabilized and marginally stabilized is fully explained in the link I provided. It also very clearly states that it may be possible to shoot really good groups w/ marginally stabilized rifle/bullet combinations. The main improvement is increased BC.

Increased BC with the same projectile is a free ride that's always appreciated - moreso in a case of limited capacity. The increased twist rate has no negative effects, group sizes don't suffer, light bullets still shoot great, you don't lose any velocity. Seeing how there is no downside and a small (but noticeable) upside to the faster twist, I would specify a faster (7") twist on a custom ordered barrel.

Start another thread if you want to discuss it in more detail quit hacking up the OP's thread. I'm done responding to you in this thread.

David