Originally Posted by SKane
Originally Posted by JPro
If only building one rifle, I'd split the difference and do a good magnum-sporter weight rig in a SA 6.5mm chambering, like the Creed or the 260. With a 22"-23" #3 or #4, it wouldn't be too terribly heavy and would be enjoyable at the range. Like others have said, build for balance. A standard-fill stock would work better here than an Edge. A 22" #3 contour Creed in a McMillan Hunter would be hard not to like, and good factory target/hunting loads abound, should someone get in a position to not handload.

This is a splendid idea. And perhaps it's because it describes my recent Creed build to a tee. laugh

I wanted something for (mostly) range time, but that would double over for light BG in open country, and pestering coyotes and other varmints. The result is a short Rem 700 action,Timney trigger,a #3 fluted Benchmark barrel at 25", and an Echols Shrike. Chambering is 6.5 Creedmoor.

It's being bedded now so I don't know what it weighs. Not a big concern because I was not trying for a super lightweight rifle but think it will come in around 8 pounds,but if it goes a bit heavier I'm not concerned. Considering it's intended use it's a belly gun anyway,and I suspect it will do what I want.

I hear the Hornady factory ammo is excellent so am laying in a supply,along with brass,bullets, and dies. Im guessing this will be a cakewalk. We'll see. smile

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.