Another thought, the extended transom on the Hewes 18ft boat has more inside space then the 20 foot with the wet transom. So you are getting a lot more space even though it's 2' shorter ( in theory) you also get the transom platform with a swim ladder to get in and out, as well as storage for things you don't want inside the boat. Like crab traps, buckets, bumpers, and even an ice chest of some sort.

I never owned an extended transom boat before. With this one I would never own one without an extended transom again! It's especially nice with a fast deceleration and no chance of water coming in over the stern wall/ motor mount. Leaning into it with your thighs while fighting big fish is an added benefit I never imagined as well.

Look at the use of space and the extended transom option close before you choose. Hewes has some very clever designs to use the most of it's space.

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)