Originally Posted by cwh2
Didn't figure I'd talk you out of it, just throwing out some thoughts.

Places I'd want to take a plane require a lot more skill than I have, and I don't have the time to practice enough to get that skill. What time I do have, I'd rather hunt than build hours.

On the other hand, you're going to die anyway...

LOL, I hear what you are saying totally. If anything and I"m not 200% sure of myself, someone else will fly us.

I just figure being retired, what better way, than to drop into a strip or lake, super cub or the like, and just say as long as we like, a day, a week etc... ANd I"m figuring, that with more than a few years, and more years up there with the correct instructors...

But I dont' at all discount your wisdom, hence the caveat, if it ain't going right, it ain't gonna go at all

I may well learn in 2 years flying down here working on the license, that its just not in me.

Flip side is we ain't coming to visit y'all for the next 20 plus years hopefully, to sit on our azz..

Granted there is MORE than enough to do with a quad, boat, raft, and a pair of legs and a pack...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....