Horses are something you either love or hate. There isn't much in between. They are probably about one of the dumbest animals on the farm. Pigs being one of smartest. Donkeys are not far behind though and crossing one with a horses raises that IQ quite a bit. However, people who typically have problems with a horse, can't get it done with a mule and for sure, they would not fair well with a donkey. You have to be bit smarter than the animal you are going to work with

I have rode mules in some country that a lot or people would not even walk in and in some deep snows, slippery mud, etc. Litterally trusting my life to them. But then again ,I have had them trip over their own feet on flat ground.

Not every horse mule is suited to every task though and a good roping, cow horse might not make a good hunting horse.

I sure get lot of entertainment from guys binging their wive's or girlfriend's good arena horse to the mountains elk hunting

Last edited by saddlesore; 11/08/15.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles