Thanks man..... the RAR at the SRM was kinda fun.... but it was frustrating as well. I wouldn't put that set-up in the same class as a CTR or a RPR, it needs a little upgrading on a couple things to make it a viable rig under those conditions. A stock and a trigger would be a great start. It is, however, less than half the cost of the other two rifles I mentioned.

We're on the same page in regard to ammo being the ultimate expense, people never consider that when they budget out a long range rig. Seems Shane is on the same page too.... and of all the guys who've posted on this thread, I respect his opinion the most.

When guys ask me to help with a rig, or go out to shoot some steel.... and the emphasis is 300-600 yard shooting.... my first question is always: how many rounds you got? Second question is: what scope are you running? I don't give a schitt what the platform or caliber are.... because it's the smallest part of the equation. Obviously, some choices are better than others.... but quality (read repeatable) optics seems to be the lynchpin more often than anything else.

Bummer on the ankle man..... I've been there. A walking-boot for 4-months is a b1tch. Heal-up, then come play in Raton.... it's a pretty good time.

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......