Originally Posted by rcamuglia

Unfortunately I wasn't shooting a RAR Predator with a cheap scope or I would have a list of excuses as long as my arm.

LOL

shocked shocked laugh

Quick question.... I thought none of that mattered? I though Cost/Weight were "non-factors" in one's "ability to make hits"....

It was more the nucl'r than the RAR.... but that's my own damn fault... and kinda yours... laffin. Busted base screws also tend to throw wrenches into things in a hurry. I've got another RAR in the kitty.... with a little different piece of glass on it.... we'll make a run down there to Raton one of these days.

If you've already paid your dues... and shot a couple thousand rounds... maybe a few matches, and you're looking to eek everything possible out of yourself and your gear.... then yeah, maybe dropping that kinda dough will be the difference between 50 hits.... and 52. To some guys... like Ric and JB.... it's TOTALLY worth it. Because hey.... making hits is the name of the game.... and dropping that kinda coin does tend to remove all equipment based "excuses" (Leupolds aside)... or at least it f'n better.

The last 10% of Performance.... is 90% of the Cost. How much you gotta spend depends on how many times you wanna chase that 10%....

PS..... that "cheap scope" held its own, with scopes costing in the 10x as much ballpark, in testing on your pard's sufistimucated scope tracking tester thingy.... if I'm not mistaken?

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......