Mine is not marked- early year production M1895's did not have WRA proof marks or caliber designations. It is a .30-40 Krag because those are the rounds my Granddad used in it-and I have even until now- Different from the .3--03 (hard to find) AND the final US Army Ordanace board adoption of the revised round to .30-Gov't-06- for the 1903 Springfield BA rifle- I also have a .30-40 Krag=Jorgensen officer's carbine which he carried in the Spanish-American war- and it shpoots the same rounds as does this M1895- that it that- I also have a later M1895 in .303 B (british- Enfield adopted rifle round- and when you remove the forearm, you can see clearly the Britisgh proof stampings- Good question, always good to be 100% clear- No way I know of that you could chaber a .30-Gov't-06 round into this M1895 of mine- as the OAL of the case, the neck OD and the rim for the Mauser extractor design of the 1903 Springfield is waaaaayy different that the flat butt base of the .30-40 Krag shells- Stil;l available in Rem 180 Grain Core-Lokt from Cabela's at $37.00 per box of 20--

"I have clinched and closed with the naked North, I've learned to defy and defend!"