I use a variety of jigging rods from ultralight to heavy action according to where and for what I'm fishing. I've had good luck with Clam brand rods, specifically the Jason Mitchell series. One thing I have done that I don't see many guys doing is to put baitcast reels on my ice rods. I find that I have less trouble with cold Mono on small levelwind reels than spinning gear. My light rods have tiny bass fishing baitcasters loaded with 8lb line and the big rod I use for Northerns, burbot, and lakers wears a Shimano Calcutta loaded with 20lb. I also use the heavy rig to work my spearing decoy.

I've had popups from Eskimo and still have a 2 man. They've been pretty decent but I've broken some of the poles putting them up when it gets really cold. I just bought a brand new Frabill 2 man this week and plan to try it out on Saturday. Funny story actually, our local sporting goods wholesaler had this one squirreled away in the warehouse and forgot about it. They no longer carry ice fishing gear and found this shelter they've had in inventory for 8 years last week. Their cost was $272 and retail was $479, when the rep offered it to me for $40 I nearly caught my wallet on fire trying to get it out and open!

Started spearing Northerns last year, had a ball with a homemade spear I cooked up. Can't wait to stick some this time around.

I have a battery of Beaver Dam tipups, tried a bunch and don't think these have any equal.
Haul all my gear to the back country lakes with a 1996 Arctic Cat Bearcat 440. It's slow and doesn't ride great, but it's reliable as heck and about as unstickable as a sled can be. Old gal pulls like a bulldozer too. Need to go blow the cobwebs out of her and get ready as I have a date with my first Laker at the end of a trail this winter.